Thursday, June 24, 2010

Beets!

This week we got beets! Last night I made a tasty salad of roasted beets, goat cheese and walnuts with cooked beet greens and onion tossed in some red wine vinegar and olive oil. Tasty! The beets were very tiny but also very delicious!

I decided to make my life harder by drawing these all in baskets... I will not be doing that again! I'm already plotting what to do with the rest of these veggies. (The sugar snap peas are long gone) I think I'm going to make a pesto with the garlic scapes this week to eat over pasta and maybe throw the chard in there too!



Meanwhile, I decided to add some more pages to my Tsukiji fish book. This week and last I've been drawing and cutting out tiny pieces of paper. Also, I've started on the writing! I'm tying up quite a few loose ends (from projects started in Japan) I'm hoping after I'll have the momentum needed to put up my website.

No comments: