Monday, April 25, 2011

Bicycle Race!


We are finally getting some spring weather up here in RI and all I wanna do is is ride my bicycle! Have noticed the large green and purple button on the side of my blog?

I'm currently training to participate in my first 100 mile bike ride around Lake Tahoe as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. I am completing this event with my amazing boyfriend Robin! Robin is a cancer survivor and his Mom, Mary, is currently undergoing chemo. We are committed to raising $8,500 total!

I am selling these notebooks as part of my fundraising efforts at my Etsy site! If you live in the Providence area come to the RISD Sale this weekend. (10-4 Benefit St. April 30th) I will have these notebooks and many other things for sale.

The LLS is a truly excellent organization. 76.2% of all the funds collected goes directly to local patients and researchers. Patients can use this money to do whatever they see fit with it. This is the kind of organization that actually helps actual patients when they need it. I am very excited to be able to use my artistic abilities towards fundraising for this group! Please consider buying a notebook or making a donation at my fundraising website. Thanks!

2 comments:

kathrynclark said...

What beautiful notebooks and for such a wonderful cause. My mother died from leukemia so I will of course be supporting you! Good luck on the ride!!

Jess said...

Thank you so much Kathryn! I'm sorry to hear that you lost your mother to leukemia. Through out the experience of training for our ride I have heard from so many people who lost loved ones to cancer. This has definitely made me more aware of how prevalent leukemia and lymphoma are and the toll it takes on families emotionally and financially. I feel determined to lend my hand in raising money for patients and their families!