Sunday, October 19, 2008

Foxy

These are all based off of I character I created in my printmaking class senior year. I find myself going back to a lot of the same subject matter... animals, naked women, forests. I want to keep working with a lot of the same imagery but find clearer and more complete ways of expressing my ideas. I'm also trying to incorporate lots of pattern and texture since those are some of my favorite things. These are all just experiments in my sketchbook but I'm happy with where they are going.


Here I was using some reference shots to figure out some cool poses/angles. Also trying to figure out the logistics of how this costume would fit and move. The vellum is great for building up layers or trying something without changing the drawing.



These are also a few months old... but I'm still pretty happy with them! I love foxes not only because they are redheads but because they can be creepy and graceful at the same time!



More little collages and sketches from my sketchbook in preparation for my Graphic Novel. I've been experimenting with vellum, cut paper and lots of pen work.
My work is typically without a lot of spacial depth in it so I'm trying to improve that.

No comments: