Friday, March 9, 2012

Is it Spring yet?

It feels like Spring today, so I've opened all the windows in the studio!  Yay!  I thought I would share this succulent  inspired ditsy pattern I made a few months ago!  I wanted to experiment and see how watercolor drawings would look printed on fabric.  Here's the color sketches in my sketchbook.


 I scanned these and played with the colors, repeat and scale in the computer for awhile.  I couldn't wait to see what it looked like so I ordered a swatch test from Spoonflower.  The texture of the watercolor didn't print as well in spots were it was painted very lightly so I decided to darken some of those spots so they would read a little better.


 I had it printed again and this time I was much happier with the results!


 I made a little pencil case and it's for sale in my Etsy shop today!


I've got some exciting projects on the horizon including the launch of a brand new website!  More about that next time.

2 comments: